Saturday 31 July 2010

August Events


August is an incredibly busy month for us. We're intent on getting to the final stages for all of our four new Sidekick Books projects (you can see cover previews for two of them here). We're also finishing and launching the 16th issue of Fuselit, Jack, which will be launched at a Fuselit 5th birthday celebratory event which I just need to dash off and confirm now ...

On Sunday 1st August, I'll be reading alongside Kevin Reinhardt and poets from the floor at the Torriano Meeting House, kicking off at 7.30pm, on Torriano Avenue, ten minutes walk from Kentish Town. I will debut two collage-sonnets there, both based on 'fake' or impostor works - an LP of (Million Copy Sellers Made Famous by) Tom Jones but "recorded by a different, brilliant artist" and a novel called Alistair MacLean's Death Train which is not by Alistair MacLean.

On Tuesday 3rd August, I'll be reading alongside John Osbourne, Sarah Hesketh and others at the launch party for Pen Pusher 16, from 7pm at the Betsey Trotwood, Farringdon Road, between King's Cross and Farringdon. I'll give the collage sonnets another go, but I also hope to finish a second draft of a monologue (in rhyme royal) in response to a question asked during an interview with MI6. It takes in Romanian castles and mutilated crayfish, but is also about trying to craft your own fate.

On Saturday 7th August, Kirsty and I will both be playing songs and reading poems at the UKAlive reading at the Big Green Bookshop, a couple of minutes from Turnpike Lane. Again, it all starts at 7pm. I have to write some new songs this week for it.

On the 18th, we're both reading somewhere else, but I think that might be private. I have a plus one if anyone really wants to come!

No comments: